Saturday 12 November 2011

I'm Back!

So ive been a bit slack on this blogging nonsence... this is partly due to a broken laptop and no internet, poor excuse i know! So its actually been a year since ive posted and a pretty great year at that! I started off 2011 with a three month solo trip to Indo. January came and I still had no winter plans, the swell was non existant and i was freezing. So i booked myself a ticket for two weeks time and started packing! I know Indo well so wasnt nervous about travelling alone and I had friends that would be there to surf with! The trip was amazing and I spent 90% of the time in the water. I stayed in Bali for most of my trip, but did venture over to Sumbawa for a couple of weeks to see my good friend Hannah Harding in Lakey Peak! It was the first time I'd been to Lakeys and it did not dissappoint! Four foot glassy left handers every day is my idea of heaven!

When i returned home in April, spring was in full swing and the waves were pumping! I spent the first week surfing and catching up with family and friends before starting work back at the surf school! www.surfsouthwest.com  this has been my 6th season of surf instructing and im still loving it!
My summer was spent surfing,working and doing a few comps in between! I didnt manage to do all of the ukpst due to work commitments but had great fun at the few i did! next year i am going to commit to doing the full tour and improving on my ranking from this year!

So the seasons over and Croyde is back to its quiet self with just a scattering on locals left to enjoy the auntumn waves! We've had a great run of surf recently and since the surf school has closed for the winter ive had plenty of time to spend in the water!

One of my sponsors, SURFPLUGS has a new website that has just been launched so everyone check it out for the best earplugs to protect you from surfers ear! also check out my new profile on there!Cheers Rob! www.surfplugs.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment