Thursday 4 November 2010

Back in action!

Its been a while since my last post, and it'd also been a while since I had been in the water.
I was very lucky, that with help from my physio, and a lot of back excersises and swimming, I managed to get back in the water after only a month out. It could have been much worse and i'm stoked as I was starting to pull my hair out after the second week!

My first surf was at croyde, two foot, barely a rideable wave to be seen and howling onshore! Not a soul out. I managed to paddle out without being in too much pain (duckdiving is the worst part), I caught three very average waves and decided that was enough, I didnt want to push my luck. I was a very happy bunny after that, knowing that I was very much so, on the mend!
Since then i've been in a few times and i'm getting back into it, its quite difficult as the flexibility in my back is pretty poor at the moment!

To build the strength and flexibility up in my back and get my firness up, i've been attending a circuit class with ex military and personal trainer Marc Kent (http://www.marckent.com/) three times a week. Its so much fun and I feel fitter after just two weeks! Its great to do now that the evenings are getting so dark!

Last weekend was the end of season party for the Hotdoggers Longboard Surf Club. Due to work and my comitment to shortboard contests I only managed to attent two of the four comps they held throughout the summer, however as I won both, I ended up in third place overall in the womens league and went away with a trophy and goodie bag from Animal.

I travelled up to London last week for my grandmas funeral. It was a very sad time and she will be missed dearly by my whole family. She was a wonderful woman and was so proud of my surfing achievements and has been right behind me the whole way. R.I.P xx

I am now in the process of planning my winter trip..... ive got a few ideas but nothing set in stone as of yet.... will keep you posted!

Chow for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment